Advice for Men: Remembering Special DatesAug 21st, 2009 | By Kevin Harris | Category: Lead Article
Women like to give men a hard time for not remembering anniversaries, birthdays, etc. My personal feeling is who cares if you miss the exact date – aren’t you 30 for a whole year? And isn’t it your fifth year of marriage the whole fifth year? And why don’t women tell you that the 12th anniversary of the second time you held hands on a Monday is coming up next Thursday?
I will tell you why. It is one of the tests that women like to do. If you remember than it shows you care about them, and if you forget than it proves that you must hate their guts (and are secretly having an affair – just as she suspected).
But not to fear, there is a solution.
1. Make a list of all the important dates you have to remember (Don’t worry you will only have to do this once).
2. Do an internet search for free eCards or online greeting cards (there are lots out there). Find one that lets you schedule the date of delivery.
3. Choose a card for each occasion and assign the date and time (I recommend early in the morning so you are the good guy all day).
4. Make sure to send a copy to yourself as well (so you know to get flowers or a gift if needed).
5. Then send yourself a note dated one year in the future with a list of all of these dates on it, so you can redo it for next year (be sure to choose different eCards each time).
6. Now go watch some sports.
I’ve had a few comments on this from people saying “Your wife isn’t that way.” and they are absolutely right. I am very blessed with a wife that doesn’t hound me about dates. And that is partially why I felt I could joke about this. I am writing this for other men who aren’t as lucky as I am.