New StrugglesJan 29th, 2010 | By Sharee Anne | Category: Lead Article, Spiritual
About a month ago I wrote about all the miracles that had happened in our life. It was so easy then to trust that everything would work out. As the amazement of that time fades into the distance and we face new struggles it is easy to start to doubt, to wonder how we will pay down what we owe on the house. When will the house sell? When will we be together as a family again? How can I care for the children with poor health? How can I do it all?
I’m plagued with worries and I have to force myself to stop and list the blessings in my life. I’ve found that no matter what trials surround you, if you take the time to look you can find something to be grateful for. As you list your blessings your focus changes from what has gone wrong and you find hope again. I’d like to share the first ten things that come to my mind when I think of my blessings:
1. I have three beautiful, healthy children.
2. I have a husband that loves me.
3. I’m surrounded by friends and family that are there when I need them the most.
4. I have a warm home.
5. My husband has a job and is getting overtime.
6. I have a Father in Heaven that loves me.
7. I have the ability to read and I’m surrounded by wonderful, uplifting books.
8. I have the internet.
9. I have good doctors.
10. I have Vision, Dental, and Health insurance.
I’ve decided the real test in life is to keep hope alive, and to have Faith even when things seem to go wrong. I am trying to write in my Journal each night before bed and always mention at least one blessing I received that day. I believe you develop a deeper sense of gratitude when you realize all you are being blessed with.
What blessings have you received? Please share below.